skiING IN chatel and in la vallée d'abondance
Châtel is located at the heart of the french-swiss skiing area Les Portes du Soleil. This ski domain is one of the bigest in Europe and includes 12 inter-related ski resorts : 8 in France (Avoriaz, Morzine, Montriond, les Gets, St Jean d’Aulps, Abondance, La Chapelle and Châtel) and 4 in Switzerland (Champéry, Torgon, Morgins, les Crosets-Val d’Illiez-Champoussin).
We count 285 ski slopes for 197 ski lifts accessible with a unique ski pass. From Châtel, we access directly to Avoriaz, Morgins and Torgon.
The Châtel ski resort offers a large range of possibilities, for the beginners as for the sledging unconditionnals.
Châtel is split into two uplands: Barbossine /Super-Châtel and le Linga / Pré-la-Joux (between 1 100 et 2 200 meters height). It includes 46 ski slopes including 6 blacks, 14 reds, 17 blues and 9 greens for a total lenghth of 83 Km et 43 ski lifts.
The Châtel ski pass is also valid in the swiss resort of Torgon, in the sector of the Corbeau (Morgins swiss resort) and in the sector of la Braitaz (La Chapelle d’Abondance resort). Total: 56 ski lifts and 66 ski slopes being 130 kms to satisfy your thirst of sledge !!
In the sector of Super-Châtel / Barbossine, south exposed, you will find the snow park and an area specially fitted out for the beginners.
SKIING IN CHATEL :
Châtel village keeps 4 ski lifts starts that allow you to acces directly to the Portes du Soleil skiing area.
- BARBOSSINE (sector Petit Châtel), located at 1km of the village center. Directly related to Super Châtel (Châtel), Torgon (Switzerland), La Panthiaz (La Chapelle d’Abondance). Perfect for the experienced skiiers.
- SUPER CHATEL, located at the heart of the village. Directly related to Pré la Joux and then to Avoriaz and Morgins (Switzerland). Ideal for the beginners and the middle level skiiers.
- LINGA, located at 1.5 km from the center of Châtel. Ideal fot the conversant and experienced skiiers.
- PRE LA JOUX, located at 6 km from the center of Châtel. Perfect for all levels. Directly related Avoriaz, Les Crozets (Switzerland).
SKIING IN LA CHAPELLE D’ABONDANCE :
- DOMAINE DE BRAITAZ : Braitaz or Panthiaz, a skiing area directly related to the overall Portes du Soleil area. It is also directly related to Torgon (Switzerland) and then Barbossine (Châtel). You can access to Pré-la-Joux and Avoriaz by ski.
- CRET BENI : Close to the center of the village, it counts around ten ski slopes which will seduce the beginners as well as the experienced skiiers.
SKIING IN ABONDANCE :
- L’ESSERT : The Abondance ski resort is the best place for family practice. It is an area where the kids can have fun while leqrning how to ski.
- LUDOFAZ : In the center of the village, Ludofaz counts two ski slopes, the ideal place for the beginners.
For more informations :